Japanese Government, Postgraduate Research Scholarships for Sri Lanka 2020
Applications are invited from citizens of Sri Lanka for selection of suitable candidates to be nominated for postgraduate scholarships offered by the Government of Japan.
General eligibility requirements:
- (a) All candidates should be citizens of Sri Lanka.
- (b) Age: Applicant should be born on or after April 2, 1985
- (c) Should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a Second Class Lower Division or above in the relevant field of study from a recognized university and a relevant Master’s degree for Ph.D. studies.
- (d) Should possess a high proficiency in English.
- (e) Should be employed in a Ministry/Department/University/State Sector or Private Sector Institution.
- (f) No application will be entertained from a person holding a temporary/casual/contractual appointment or a person who is unemployed. Only permanent and confirmed employees will be considered for the scholarships.
- (g) Employees on probation in the Universities are eligible to apply, provided that his/her confirmation is conditional upon acquiring a specified postgraduate qualification.
The application will be accepted only up to on 10.06.2019