How to get a copy of marriage certificate in Sri Lanka
- An application can obtain from any Divisional Secretariat. – application
- Fees chargeable
- Where the date of registration or the no. of the entry is given the fee for one copy of the certificate is Rs.100.00
- Where the date of registration or the no. of the entry is not given and a search of registers not exceeding two years has involved a fee for one copy of the certificate is Rs. 200.00
- The required fee should submit to the Divisional Secretariat.
- Duly filled application should be submitted to the Divisional Secretariat.
- If you like to obtain the certificate of marriage by post, submit a stamped envelop with the application.
- If the marriage is registered, a certificate of marriage will be sent and if the marriage is not registered a letter to the effect will be sent.