How to get a certified copy of birth certificate in Sri Lanka
- Valid Identity document
- Driving license
- If the number of the certificate of birth & the registered date is known Rs.100.00
- If you don’t know the number of the certificate of birth or the registered date,
- for the search of birth registers for a period of 03 months Rs.100.00
- for the search of birth registers for the period of 02 years Rs.200.00
- Name of the applicant and address
- Full name of the person named on the certificate
- Fathers and Mothers Full name
- No. Copies required
- Date of Birth
- Registrars Division
- Number and Date of Registration entry (if known)
- Period of search desired
Procedure – Five Steps
- The application can obtain from any Divisional Secretariat. – application
- Fees chargeable
- Where the date of registration or the no. of the entry is given the fee for one copy of the certificate is Rs. 100.00
- Where the date of registration or the no. of the entry is not given and a search of registers not exceeding two years is involved fee for one copy of the certificate is Rs. 200.00. The required fee should pay to the Divisional Secretariat.
- Duly filled application should submit to the Divisional Secretariat.
- If you like to obtain the certificate of birth by post, submit a stamped envelop with the application.
- If the birth is registered a birth certificate will be sent and if the birth is not registered a letter to the effect will be sent.