How to get a new Sri Lankan driving license for a lost driving license
This article about the procedure of taking a license if it is lost or stolen.
- Certified copy of NIC/Passport
- Certified copy of Police complaint
- Old driving license number
- 750 LKR for Medical Fitness Certificate
- Pay 2,200 LKR for one day service
1. Get the medical certificate from National Transport Medical Institute, Nugegoda (next to Sri Lanka Telecom – Nugegoda, High-Level Rd, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka) – This takes about 4 hours
2. Before 1 p.m., go to the Department of Motor Traffic, Werahera. Get the details of the lost driving license by giving the driving license number.
3. Go to the H building. Queue in and pay for one day service by showing the documents. Go in your turn and meet an officer.
4. An officer will take your photo, fingerprints and will guide you to another counter.
Application for Driving Licence
5. Next officer will check the details and change the required and will guide to the cashier.
6. Pay 2,200 LKR for one day service.
7. Wait for 3-4 hours in the building near the main gate and check whether your license is received by them or not. Once your number is called you will get your new DL- This takes about 6 hours.